Monday, February 25, 2008

Because they asked for it...

In my very first blog post, I said that one of the reasons I wanted to start a food blog is because I often get asked for my recipes. So in order to simplify my life and avoid giving out numerous copies of the same recipe, it seemed reasonable to just post a frequently-asked-for recipe here. Then when someone said to me, "Hey Foodie, I just adored your (insert a delicious dish here). Could I get the recipe?" And with great relief, I could say, "But, of course! Do you have internet access?" Saves me time and everyone is happy.

Last week I was asked about a handful of times for the recipes from our church's Wednesday Night Dinner, which I planned and helped prepare. Ahh, at least I know my blog is getting good use! Here you go!

Menu
Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
Tortilla Chips
Texas Two-Step Coleslaw
Fresh Fruit
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars


*For the "Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl" recipe, click here
*For the "Texas Two-Step Coleslaw" recipe, click here


Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
  • 2 pkgs. (18 oz. each) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
  • 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
  • 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2-3 cups chopped peanut butter cups (about 15 large)

Press both tubes of cookie dough into a 15x10-in. jelly roll pan. (It works easiest if the cookie dough is about room temperature.) Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely in the pan.

Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes at 50% power, stirring halfway through cooking time (you may need to microwave slightly longer, as microwave powers may differ.) When chips are fully melted and smooth, spread over cooled cookie. Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes for chocolate to harden.

Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread over the chocolate. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups. Chill until ready to serve. Cut into bars; refrigerate leftovers.

Yield: 20-24 servings

No comments: