Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bounty

Perhaps I'm just a little crazy, but I have an insane amount of fresh produce in my kitchen right now. Like more produce than I've ever had at one time. Here's what I currently have:

Fruits: bananas, yellow peaches, Athena melon (a type of cantaloupe), 5 lb. bag of apples, papaya + 3 bags of frozen fruit

Veggies: avocados, English cucumbers, radishes, assorted bell peppers, button mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, mixed baby lettuces, mustard greens, kale, romaine, yellow summer squash, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, red onions, red potatoes...and I think that's it.

And I'm loving it! I'm trying to commit to having raw fruits or veggies for my snacks in place of other food that I tend to eat for snacks (granola bars, etc.). It's been somewhat challenging to re-train the way I think about snacking, as I'm not used to grabbing an apple or some sliced bell peppers when I'm hungry. When I'm struggling, I try to remind myself of how good I feel when I eat this way. I'm also discovered that the more produce I have, the more time I have to commit to prepping all of it. This week, I've become a washin'-rinsin'-choppin'-dicin'-fool! ("I pity da' fool who don't drink green smoothies!")

Hopefully I can keep this up...

No comments: